Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sculpture: Sand-y Claus

Xinhua/Stringer

500 Sand-y Claus Statues by Sudarsan Pattnaik

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas on the beach of Puri in eastern Indian state Orissa’s Bhubaneswar, where master sand artist Pattnaik, along with 30 padawans, created a record-breaking 500 Santa Clauses out of sand. It may not be the North Pole, but I still wouldn't want to be caught in a Grinch get-up inside shouting distance of this shoreline.

Xinhua/Stringer   Xinhua/Stringer

In an interview with the India Education Diary, Pattnaik says:
I always try to give some awareness messages through my sculpture to the world so I chose the awareness about global warming through Santas as the subject of the year end and I hope the sand sculpture of Santa clauses will place in the Limca Book of World Records.
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...